How important is DPO in an organization?
Under the terms of the GDPR, all authorities, public entities and organizations whose main activity consists of the control and treatment of special categories of personal data on a large scale shall designate a Data Protection Officer - DPO.
The designation of a DPO (internal or external) can facilitate the compliance of organizations' performance with the GDPR and provide companies with a competitive advantage in the digital market.
Did you know that the presence of a DPO in an organization could be demanded?
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Why implement it?
• Promotion of good practices for data protection;
• Mediation with the organizations’ management, IT infrastructures and information security coordination;
• Mandatory for financial institutions, insurers, hospitals, public entities and entities whose activities consist of large-scale data monitoring, among others.
Strongstep provides external DPO services to ensure that its customers are in compliance with the Regulation.
ENCARREGADO DA PROTEÇÃO DE DADOS
How we perform?
• Advice and monitoring of Data Protection Rules and Regulation compliance;
• Advice on data protection impact assessments (PIA);
• Collaboration with data protection authorities;
• Legislative updates and news on RGDP with an impact on the organization.
Compliance of data processing with applicable standards.
Proof of data privacy obligations.
Raising awareness of the importance of predicting security incidents.
Cooperation with the supervisory authority.