Software acquisition management is an activity that involves not only the selection of a supplier and the wait for the final delivery date.
It’s important to know how to make a proper assessment of the supplier based on well defined criteria. Having clear procedures for requesting proposals and have set clear contractual requirements safeguards the risk of contracting the project in its most important aspects: cost, scope, time and quality. The exercise of purchasing software solutions involves specific techniques that can help bringing maturity to those who purchase software such as those who produce.
Some questions that this course will help to answer:
- How should I approach the market in search of better suppliers?
- How to define requirements to ensure that the supplier has a good understanding about the product you want?
- Why can not the suppliers deliver within the deadline?
- How can I avoid delays for the suppliers?
The course is intended for managers or team members in projects of software that wish to acquire knowledge and techniques for effective management of acquisitions of software projects.
- Life cycle of an acquisition project
- Acquisition planning
- Specification of software projects (Request For Proposal)
- Definition of requirements (scope) and management changes
- Request process
- Selection of solution / provider of software
- Monitoring and control projects of acquisition of software
- Management of communications and offshore projects
- Software Quality
- Transition for services
- Closing of an acquisition project
This course offers a practical approach for managing acquisition of software, based on the best global models (CMMI for acquisition, Scrum, ITIL and PMBOK) and real business case studies.
This course can increase the degree of success in managing the acquisition of software, boost the relations of partnership with suppliers applying techniques of project management and improve the quality of software.
- Make a plan of acquisitions project
- Requirements document preparation
- Prepare a specification for software
- Make a multi-criteria evaluation of an acquisition process
- Prepare a communication plan and a monitoring report
- Identify areas of improvement in the management of acquisitions based on case studies
- Making a post mortem analysis of a acquisition project