This 3 day course introduces the CMMI fundamentals to managers, professionals, evaluation team members and teams dedicated to process improvement. The CMMI model for Development (CMMI-DEV V2.0) is a tool that helps organizations to improve their capability to develop and maintain quality products and services.
The course integrates lectures and in-class exercises with a big space for questions and discussions among attendants. After finishing the course, the attendants will be able to describe the CMMI-DEV model components and the relations between them, discuss CMMI-DEV model process area and locate relevant information in it.
The successful conclusion of this course demands attendants and active interaction on discussions and exercises in class through the whole course, without wasting class time.
This course fulfills a prerequisite for many courses that demand and official CMMI Institute CMMI Introduction course (for example, CMMI Intermediate Concepts, SCAMPI Training for Main Evaluators and CMMI Advanced Maturity Practices Understanding). This course also fulfills a prerequisite in case you intend to become a member of a CMMI-DEV SCAMPI evaluation team.
- Anyone interested in improving their business’s performance;
- Project Managers;
- Programmers / Analysts;
- Quality Supervisor;
- Software Engineers;
- Evaluation Team Members;
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-DEV V2.0.
The training is composed by presentations, exercises, and shared experiences from various perspectives, where active participation is required. The content of the course is as following:
- Performance and business improvement;
- CMMI and performance and business improvement;
- capability and maturity levels;
- CMMI Evaluations;
- Good practices in system development projects
- System development activities performance improvement;
- System development results and life cycle;
- Plan and manage project development;
- Select and manage development projects;
- Select and manage suppliers and subcontracts;
- Technical decisions in project building;
- Build and maintain the required capabilities;
- Development projects performance analysis.
This course is given in Portuguese, Spanish or English. All the documentation given is CMMI Institute verified and is in English.
The successful conclusion of this course will allow attendants to:
- Learning more about the CMMI model as a tool to add value to your business;
- Discover CMMI evaluations and their increasing value;
- Describe CMMI model components;
- Debating process areas;
- Use the CMMI V2.0 Development Model to evaluate, improve and maintain capabilities and process performance on your organizations.
On this course, attendants will receive:
- A successful participation certificate;
- Access to the CMMI Associate certificate exam (required to be part of a CMMI V2.0 evaluation team or to take any other CMMI-DEV V2.0 course);
- The CMMI Associate certificate after successfully passing the exam