The GDPR Foundation course develops basic personal data protection oriented framework management and implementation knowledge. Through this course, you’ll understand the fundamentals of privacy and you’ll also get familiar with the Data Protection Officer’s (DPO) functions and responsibilities.
An exam will be taken after dominating all the needed GDPR concepts!
- Organization grade data protection;
- Exceptions previewed in the data protection regulation;
- Purpose limitations and legitimacy;
- Data protection treatment requirements;
- Data treatment functions and responsibilities;
- Sensitive data and respective special treatment;
- Privacy by default and by design;
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and privacy auditories;
- Data violation and related procedures;
- Portability and other rights;
- Personal data transference to other countries;
- Privacy in contracts.
7 steps for GDPR implementation
1. GDPR implementation planning definition;
2. Involvement of the whole organization;
3. Legal counsel;
4. Data Protection Officer appointment;
5. Data encryption and pseudonymization;
6. Impact evaluations;
7. Suppliers’ GDPR compliance validation;
The course is targeted to everyone who is involved in Personal Data Protection and Information Security, to people who need to understand the European legal requirements and to people who want a career in Data Protection.