Companies face many challenges on a daily basis. One of these challenges is to ensure that the infrastructures that support the organisation's information systems are kept running smoothly.
What is ISO/IEC 20000?
ISO 20000 is the international standard for IT service quality management, addressing the key operational processes of organisations that rely on IT. Changes within these processes require changes to IT systems - affecting hardware, software, communications and support.
ISO 20000 also ensures that your organisation follows a process-based approach, improving your management system and business at the same time. Certification is achieved after an ISO/IEC certified body carries out an independent audit and recommends certification.
What are the benefits of certifying your company with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard?
- It is a service streamlined to meet customer needs;
- Products and services are delivered to meet customer expectations;
- It increases confidence in the ability of organisations to effectively manage their IT services;
- It provides customers with the confidence that their IT services are following an internationally accepted framework.
Investing in ISO/IEC 20000 helps the business to be more competitive and find sales opportunities.
- Cycloid (empresa portuguesa de consultoria de base tecnológica, que atuam nos setores de telecomunicações, Multimedia Interativa / Multiscreen OTT e soluções IoT de Big Data e Analytics) escolheu esta certificação uma vez que já prestam serviços aos seus clientes e já têm práticas aplicadas a esses serviços. Decidiram optar por esta certificação para aplicar essas boas práticas noutros projetos e para assegurar a qualidade dos serviços a mais clientes no futuro.
"Our employees already understand the company's processes, but the roles and their responsibilities were not clear. One of the great advantages of being ISO20000 certified is the fact that employees do the same thing, but understand each role."
"There is a clear view of the services we provide among all team members, because we know exactly what to do. Another benefit was making it easier to identify all the services we provide, development, testing, architecture, which were not explicitly identified.We now have a catalogue of services and it's easier to present proposals to clients, we don't need to involve more people because the commercial team already has what is needed to define each service and they know what to include in the proposals. This is a big benefit for us to enter the market."