Software project management is a constant challenge in business. The proper control of several variables such as management of scope, cost, time, quality and risk need a base of techniques and skills that are not easy to acquire.
Some questions that this course will help to answer:
- Why do my projects never finish on schedule?
- Why I do not have control of my suppliers?
- What was delivered by the project it’s not what my customers wants. Why?
- Why are my clients (internal or external) not satisfied with the project?
This course offers a practical perspective of software project management based on the best models worldwide (PMBOK and PRINCE) and real business case studies.
The course is intended for managers or team members of projects that wish to acquire a range of knowledge and techniques for effective management of software projects. This course does not require graduated training but some prior involvement in software projects.
- Life cycle of the project
- Planning and WBS
- Agile, Disciplined and Quantitative Management
- Requirements and Changes Management
- Acquisitions and Supply Management
- Services Management
- Risk Management
- Communication and Human Resources Management
- Quality Management and Financial Management
- Build a project plan
- Prepare a document of requirements
- Identify risks of a proposed software
- Prepare a communication plan and a monitoring report
- Identify areas for improvement in project management case studies
- Make a post mortem analysis of a project
This course aims to provide a practical view on the most important topics in software project management.
The aim is to provide an overview of managing your project from planning and monitoring until the close.
You will clearly understand the importance of communication management, risk management and expectations of the customer (internal or external).
The presentation of the proposed topics is intercalated with individual and group exercises. The course also has a practical component (hands-on) with some tools. Trainees will be evaluated based on performance during the various sessions and based on individual final proof.
The trainees receive a certificate of approval or frequency.
Pedro Castro Henriques
Sílvia Véstias Rodrigues
This three-day course meets at the following times:
- Breakfast: 08:30
- Morning session: 9:00 – 12:30
- Afternoon session: 13:30 – 17:00
- Unit price without VAT
- Special conditions for groups
For more information about our training programs please contact the email address provided below:
Please, click on the link below to complete your registration: